Being stuck with an Epson printer recovery mode is frustrating, especially when the user has some important documents to print immediately. The problem usually appears in the user’s printer when the printer driver or firmware update process is interrupted. This could be because of incidents like; turning off the printer accidentally, canceling the installation process, removing the cables, and more. If you are also facing trouble because your device is stuck in Epson printer recovery mode, this post can help you.
Here, we are going to discuss some easy troubleshooting steps and guidelines to fix the recovery mode issue in the Epson printer. So, keep reading and find the simple steps to troubleshoot your problem.
My epson printer is stuck in recovery mode. How to fix it?
Sometimes when you try to update their printer software or drivers, they realize that their Epson printer stuck in recovery mode. When a problem occurs, the error message appears on the user’s screen and stops them from taking further actions until the problem is resolved. Fortunately, there are some easy troubleshooting guidelines that can quickly fix the problem. However, before you proceed with the troubleshooting steps, you need to know the possible reasons behind the problem.
The most common reasons due to which Epson printer recovery mode problem occurs are:
- Internet connectivity failure.
- Power outage issue.
- Interrupted installation process.
- Accidental unplugging of the cables.
These are some common reasons due to which you are not able to use the printing services at their best. Whenever the Epson printer recovery mode problem occurs, it becomes quite challenging to fix the issue. So, here, we are discussing some easy guidelines to fix the problem. So, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and continue with a smooth Epson printing experience.
Epson printer recovery mode fix: Troubleshooting steps to follow
Before you proceed with the Epson printer recovery mode fix troubleshooting steps, there are certain things that you need to take care of. So, check and make sure that:
- Your internet is stable and working fine.
- All the cables are properly connected to their respective slots.
- Power backup for update installations.
If these requirements are fulfilled, you won’t be getting a problem later. Now, let’s move to the next section and find simple steps to fix the problem:
Update the printer firmware
The outdated firmware could be the reason that you are stuck with Epson printer recovery mode. Hence, you need to update the printer firmware to fix the problem. Here are the steps to follow:
- When your device is showing an “Epson printer stuck in recovery mode” error, you need to wait for a while until the popup message appears on the screen.
- After this, you can refer to the official website for Epson firmware updates. All you need is to click on the link for the firmware update and it will be downloaded on your device.
- After a successful download, you need to run the firmware update installation file on your system.
- Follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
While updating the printer firmware by visiting Epson’s official website, you need to provide the printer model number details to get the right version. The downloaded file will be saved in the C drive of your system, so you can go to the C drive and extract the file. Once extracted, you need to double-click on the file and proceed with the installation. During the process, make sure you have a stable and active internet connection.
Update the printer drivers
Just like you have updated the printer firmware, you need to update the printer software and drivers for the Epson printer recovery mode fix. To update the printer drivers, you can simply visit the Epson printer official website. On the website, you need to provide the correct details about your printer model number. After that, you can proceed next and click on the respective link to install the latest drivers for your device.
Check the internet connection
If you want to print the documents, you should have a stable and active internet connection. Else, you will keep getting the issues like Epson printer recovery mode stuck on your system. So, it is recommended to check your internet connection and make sure that it is working fine.
To check the internet connection, you can go to the “Start Task Manager” section. If necessary, you can reboot the printer, router, modem, and computer.
Update the network adaptor
Updating the network adapter can also help you to fix the Epson printer stuck in recovery mode problem on your device. Here are the step by step instructions to update the network adaptor:
- On your computer, click the “Start” button.
- Go to the ” device manager”.
- Open the device manager with a click on the enter button.
- Here, look out for the ” network adaptor” option.
- Once you find the option, right-click on it.
- Now, choose “Update” from the drop-down list.
That’s all! This is how you can update the network adaptor. While doing so, make sure that your internet is active and working fine.
Still, getting Epson printer recovery mode error?
Follow the steps below:
- Disconnect all the peripherals from your device.
- Now, remove the ethernet cable and USB cable.
- Turn off your Epson printer using the control panel.
- Wait for at least 20 seconds.
- Turn on the device again.
Hopefully, now your Epson printer recovery mode problem will be resolved. The mentioned steps are simple and easy to execute. However, if you still find yourself stuck with the printer recovery mode and you are unable to print the documents, there must be something else wrong with your device. In such a situation, it is recommended to contact the printer professionals for expert advice.
You can contact the Epson support team by dialing the toll-free number, or you can always get connected to professionals by sending an email or message. The experts will get back to you with the best possible solution to the problem and make sure nothing compromises your printing experience with Epson.