Best Solution To Fix Epson Error Code 0x9A
Epson Printer, without any doubt, is one of the most reliable printer brands serving all over the globe. If you want to buy a printer but have a tight budget then Epson is the printer brand that can offer you the best. However, there are times when you can face some errors with your Epson printers which is not an issue as long as you can fix them. You can also reach Epson Support for immediate assistance and let them fix your printer. In this blog, we are going to talk about one such Epson printer error i.e. Epson Error Code 0x9A. The error can be caused due to various reasons but majorly it happens because of fault in the printer cartridge. If you are someone experiencing Epson Error Code 0x9A then you need to go through this guide and make your Printer machine work fine like before once again.
What Causes Epson Printer Error Code 0x9A?
As we said above, most of the time Epson Error Code 0x9A occurs due to a fault in the printer cartridge. However, that’s not the only reason that can cause this error. There are several other causes of Epson error code 0x9A for example when the paper tray is blocked due to debris or pieces of paper or the encoder strip is dislocated or the rails are damaged. In some rare cases, the error can also occur due to hardware defects like defective printer belt or gear, printhead, or carriage driver motor. In such cases, you got no other option except taking the help of Epson Support professionals. However, we suggest you try the below methods to troubleshoot Epson Error code 0x9A on your own first.
Methods to Troubleshoot Epson Error Code 0x9A
Now that you know what are the possible causes of Epson Error Code 0x9A and what is it exactly, you can work on its fix. if you are in a hurry and want to get your printer fixed immediately, you can also take the of our printer experts and let them do it for you instead. otherwise, you can follow the steps given below to fix Epson Error Code 0x9A on your own.
Let’s Start With Cleaning the Printer
- First of all, you need to cancel all the print jobs from the queue on your PC.
- After canceling the printing jobs, open the top cover of your Epson printer machine.
- Have a proper look inside your printer and clear any dirt, debris, pieces of paper, paper pin, staple pins, or anything else.
- Once you are done cleaning the dirt, press the Start button on your Printer and try printing something.
- If your printer continues to show Epson error code 0x9A, then move forward with the next steps and follow them until your issue is fixed.
- Press the Power button to switch it off and then open the scanner unit.
- Remove any jammed paper or torn pieces of paper if stuck.
- Now close the scanner unit and turn on the printer from the power button.
- Load new papers into the Printer. If you don’t know the procedure, follow the paper loading instructions on your screen.
- To check if your issue is fixed or not, print a test page. If the printer still displays Epson Error Code 0x9A, then continue with the next method.
Check Whether the Carriage Is Moving or Not
You need to open the top cover of your Epson Printer and check the carriage. If it is moving automatically then just close the lid and follow the next method. However, if it is not moving, you need to try moving it manually first. If that doesn’t work, remove the dirt from the compartment of the printer by blowing some compressed air inside it.
After cleaning the dirt from the carriage, close the lid and turn on the printer. Try printing a test page and check if the Epson Error Code 0x9A still occurs?
Inspect and Clean the Encoder Strip
One of the causes of Epson Error Code 0x9A is dirty encoder strips. It is a plastic strip in the Printer carriage that helps read its speed and position. Sometimes, when it is dirty, you can face issues with your Epson printer that can be fixed simply by cleaning the encoder strip.
Below we have mentioned how you can clean your Epson Printer’s encoder strip without any help.
- First of all, you need to switch off your printer and then open its top lid.
- Take some ink cleaning solution and soak a cotton cloth into it.
- Move the encoder strip to the left and clean it with the cotton cloth gently.
- Wipe all the leftover ink from the strip but leave the sections covered by the printhead.
- Be careful when you are cleaning the encoder strip so that the solution does not get into the Printer. If you drop some solution into the printer, wipe it right away with a dry cloth.
One more thing, don’t pull or rub the encoder strip harshly as it can cause permanent damage to your printer.
Reset Your Epson Printer Machine
If you can’t fix the Epson Printer Error Code 0x9A after trying all the above methods, then this is something you can try at last. Resetting the printer resolved many of the complicated printer errors and issues. However, if you still can’t use your printer without any error, you must get to Epson Support before it’s too late.
- First, you need to turn off your printer and unplug it from the main power source.
- Leave your Printer turned off for at least five minutes.
- You need to press the power button for a minute to drain the residual power from the printer. Do not release the button until your printer is switched off completely.
- Once done, start your printer again by plugging it into the power source and then pressing the power button.
- When your printer will turn on, you will see a message “ FW Update Mode” on your screen.
- Select Update Devices and click on the Firmware option.
- Now click on the Update button to start the update.
- After the update is completed, click on Finished.
- Now, click on OK to turn off your printer.
- Go back to the main menu and try printing a test page to see if the Epson Error code 0x9A still occurs.
In case the error still appears on your Printer, then you should contact Epson Printer Support for assistance as it can be some serious issue that should be taken care of immediately.