Are you facing an offline issue with your Epson printer? Before digging into the solution to fix the Epson printer error issue, it is important to know about the causes. Well, reasons causing Epson printer to go offline can be any, it can be a connection issue, no proper power supply, low- internet, after Windows update and more.
We know how many printers in offline error can hamper your work, and this is the reason why we have come up with solutions along with reasons for this error. Below we have given the list of solutions to solve the Epson printer offline error. But before performing such steps give your glance on the causes of Epson printer.
Check the below mention points to find the cause of Epson printer offline error:
- Ensure that your printer is properly connected with the power supply.
- Check the connection between your printer and computer.
- Ensure that your wireless Epson printer is connected well with the high-speed internet connection.
- Check if the USB cable is properly connected or not.
- Check your ink cartridges, sometimes low ink can also make your Epson printer go offline.
- Make sure that there is no paper-jam issue.
- Sometimes because of the virus or malware attack, the Epson printer goes offline.
- After the Windows update, drivers and software of the printer stop working.
How To Turn Epson Printer From Offline State To Online State?
If your Epson printer is in error state and you wish to change its status, first you have to check your printer internally and externally. Check all the above-mentioned points and make sure that everything is fine.
To correct this Epson printer offline error you have to follow the below solution.
Step 1: Correct The Connection Issue-
- If you find out that your Epson printer is having a connection issue, try to solve it.
- Connect all the wires and USB cable between your printer and computer, because the loose connection is the major issue of Epson printer in the offline state.
- If you have a wireless connection between your printer and computer, reconnect it to correct any error if it has.
- Reconnect your wireless printer with a wireless router.
Step 2- Set The Epson Printer Online Manually-
Troubleshooting Epson printer offline issue in Windows 7:
- Click on the Start button
- Select Control Panel and then click on Devices and Printers.
Troubleshooting for Epson printer Offline error in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10:
- Click on Start, select Settings
- In the new window, double click on Devices and then click Printers and Scanners
- Locate your printer and right-click on it. Now in the drop-down menu select ‘See What’s Printing’.
- When the window opens, select the Printer from the bar at the top left.
- In the drop-down menu next, you have to select ‘Use Printer Online’
Step 3: Cancel All the Pending Printing Commands-
- You have to follow the above steps till 3 points,
- When ‘See what’s printing’ window will open, right-click on the Cancel tap to remove all the pending printing jobs (if have any).
- Now select ‘Use printer online’ again, and this will make your Epson printer online from offline.
If still the offline error is not resolved, you can follow the below step.
Step 4: Reinstall The Epson Printer Driver
When all the above steps failed in solving the issues, therefore you have to uninstall and reinstall your Epson printer drivers and software.
- Go to Start, open Settings and click on Devices.
- Then select Printers and Scanners on the left side.
- Select your offline Epson printer from the list and click on Remove Device.
- Go to the Epson setup website select your printer, and
- Click on Download to get the Epson printer drivers and software.
- Now reinstall the Epson printer drivers to make your Epson printer work properly.
Note: If reinstalling the printer needful software doesn’t work then remove all the Printer Driver and packages.
Step 5: Remove All Printer Drivers and Packages:
- Log into your user account
- Now go to Start, click on All Programs.
- Next click on Accessories and then open Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type printui /s /t2. This will navigate you to Print Properties window
- Remove the Driver and Packages for your printer in the list.
- Now reinstall the printer in your computer by click on Add Printer option. Your computer will automatically start searching for the available networks and will connect with the intended printer.
How to Reinstall Epson Printer Drivers?
After downloading drivers and software for the Epson printer, now you need to install them. Therefore, your printer will start working and can also come out from the printer is in offline state error.
- On your keyboard press Windows key and R simultaneously.
- This will open the Run window.
- Now enter msc in Run window and press Enter.
- Now open the Device Manager Window and right-click on the Printers button.
- Right-click on the Epson and click on Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Then, open Devices and Printers and click on Add a Printer.
- In the next dialogue box, click on Add network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Now depending on your Epson printer type, add the drivers
- Next, restart your printer and computer and see if the printer offline issue is gone or not.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Is My HP Laptop Plugged In But Not Charging?
- On your very first step, you will have to go to the ‘Start’ option.
- In the next step, you will have to go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Here, you should also opt for the ‘Devices’ option.
- Then, you should navigate to the ’Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Here, you will have to right-click on the ‘Epson’ printer.
- Further, you should also select the option says ‘See what’s printing’.
- Select your ‘Printer’ option in the window which pops up on your screen.
- Opt for the ‘Use Printer online’ option to change the offline status to online.
Why Does It Keep Saying Printer Offline?
Are you making use of the printer to cater to your printing needs with optimum ease? Does your printer keep showing offline status from time to time? However, the most common reason behind the occurrence of such problems is connection/ network issue. Moreover, you need to update the drivers of your printer and then give a quick reboot your computer and printer. Apart from that, you can also check the settings and correct it if you are finding it offline. In addition to this, you can also take assistance from the professionals who will help you out regarding the same.
How Do I Download Epson Printer Drivers?
Are you using Epson Printer for your personal or professional needs? Do you also want to download the Epson printer drivers? For that, you will have to go to the official website of the Epson. After reaching out there, you will have to go to the printer section and search for the drivers. In the next step, you will have to click on the download option and it will start the downloading. However, it is also advisable to you that you should make sure the compatibility before you start downloading the drivers.
How Do You Change The Status Of A Printer From Offline To Online?
- Navigate to the ‘Start’ option on your very first step.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option in the next step.
- Select the ‘Devices’ option and then choose the ’Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Here, an ‘Epson’ printer appears, just right-click on it.
- Apart from that, you will have to click on the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Select your ‘Printer’ option and then check a tick mark next to ‘Use Printer online’ option.
- By this way, you will be able to change offline status to online status of your printer.
How Do I Reset My Printer?
To reset the printer with optimum ease, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to go to the control panel of your printer.
- Now, you have to press the ‘Menu/Set’ key.
- Next, you will have to make use of the navigation key to opt for the ‘Printer’ option.
- Then, you need to press ‘Menu/Set’ option and again use the navigation key to select the ‘Reset Printer’ option.
- Press the ‘Menu/Set’ and then opt for the 1 to choose the ‘Yes’ option.
Why Does My Printer Go Offline In Windows 10?
Are you making use of the printer on the windows 10? Is your printer often showing the offline status? For that, you should check the connection between your printer and computer system. In the next step towards fixing such hurdles, you should also try using different port for the connection. On the other hand, you will also need to update the printer drivers if available. After that, you have to change the setting if your printer is carrying ‘Use Printer Offline’ setting. With these operations, you will be able to get rid of such hurdles in no time.
What Do I Do If My Epson Printer Won’t Turn On?
If your Epson printer is not turning on, you should try to unplug the power cable from the electric socket. After waiting for around a min, you should reconnect the power cable. In the next step, you should hold down the power button continuously for 5 to 6 seconds. Apart from that, you will have to consider checking if the drivers of Epson printer available and update it properly. In case of any mishaps you come across regarding the same, you should opt for the help from the experts.
Why Has My Printer Stopped Working Wirelessly?
Has your printer stopped working? Don’t you know the reason behind the occurrence of such hurdles? In such a case, you should consider restarting your printer, wireless router and then computer system. After that, you will have to make sure the networking your printer is carrying is stable. However, you can also consider restoring your system backup to get rid of such kind of problems. Even if you are running into the same problems, you should opt for the help from the experts.
How Do I Know If My Printer Is Connected To The Network?
Do you want to know whether your printer is properly using the network or not? For that, you need to determine the network SSID which is available on the connected computer system. Now, you should check the SSID network of your printer and then compare it with the computer’s SSID network. If your find both SSID same, it simply means that the connection between your printer and computer is stable. In case, you want more information about the same, you should approach the professionals at anytime from anywhere.
How Do I Fix Printer Not Detected?
You can easily fix such kind of problems by just following the basic measures from your end.
- First of all, you should give a quick restart to your printer.
- Power off and then turn your printer on after 5 to 10 seconds.
- Also, you will have to check and resolve the connection issue.
- In case of any damaged USB cable, you should consider replacing it.
- On the other hand, you should also check the network connection.
If you are still facing the problems, you should take help from the professionals at anytime.