Are you facing an offline issue with your Epson printer? Before digging into the solution to fix the Epson printer error issue, it is important to know about the causes. Well, reasons causing Epson printer to go offline can be any, it can be a connection issue, no proper power supply, low- internet, after Windows update and more.
We know how many printers in offline error can hamper your work, and this is the reason why we have come up with solutions along with reasons for this error. Below we have given the list of solutions to solve the Epson printer offline error. But before performing such steps give your glance on the causes of Epson printer.
Check the below mention points to find the cause of Epson printer offline error:
- Ensure that your printer is properly connected with the power supply.
- Check the connection between your printer and computer.
- Ensure that your wireless Epson printer is connected well with the high-speed internet connection.
- Check if the USB cable is properly connected or not.
- Check your ink cartridges, sometimes low ink can also make your Epson printer go offline.
- Make sure that there is no paper-jam issue.
- Sometimes because of the virus or malware attack, the Epson printer goes offline.
- After the Windows update, drivers and software of the printer stop working.
How To Turn Epson Printer From Offline State To Online State?
If your Epson printer is in error state and you wish to change its status, first you have to check your printer internally and externally. Check all the above-mentioned points and make sure that everything is fine.
To correct this Epson printer offline error you have to follow the below solution.
Step 1: Correct The Connection Issue-
- If you find out that your Epson printer is having a connection issue, try to solve it.
- Connect all the wires and USB cable between your printer and computer, because the loose connection is the major issue of Epson printer in the offline state.
- If you have a wireless connection between your printer and computer, reconnect it to correct any error if it has.
- Reconnect your wireless printer with a wireless router.
Step 2- Set The Epson Printer Online Manually-
Troubleshooting Epson printer offline issue in Windows 7:
- Click on the Start button
- Select Control Panel and then click on Devices and Printers.
Troubleshooting for Epson printer Offline error in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10:
- Click on Start, select Settings
- In the new window, double click on Devices and then click Printers and Scanners
- Locate your printer and right-click on it. Now in the drop-down menu select ‘See What’s Printing’.
- When the window opens, select the Printer from the bar at the top left.
- In the drop-down menu next, you have to select ‘Use Printer Online’
Step 3: Cancel All the Pending Printing Commands-
- You have to follow the above steps till 3 points,
- When ‘See what’s printing’ window will open, right-click on the Cancel tap to remove all the pending printing jobs (if have any).
- Now select ‘Use printer online’ again, and this will make your Epson printer online from offline.
If still the offline error is not resolved, you can follow the below step.
Step 4: Reinstall The Epson Printer Driver
When all the above steps failed in solving the issues, therefore you have to uninstall and reinstall your Epson printer drivers and software.
- Go to Start, open Settings and click on Devices.
- Then select Printers and Scanners on the left side.
- Select your offline Epson printer from the list and click on Remove Device.
- Go to the Epson setup website select your printer, and
- Click on Download to get the Epson printer drivers and software.
- Now reinstall the Epson printer drivers to make your Epson printer work properly.
Note: If reinstalling the printer needful software doesn’t work then remove all the Printer Driver and packages.
Step 5: Remove All Printer Drivers and Packages:
- Log into your user account
- Now go to Start, click on All Programs.
- Next click on Accessories and then open Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type printui /s /t2. This will navigate you to Print Properties window
- Remove the Driver and Packages for your printer in the list.
- Now reinstall the printer in your computer by click on Add Printer option. Your computer will automatically start searching for the available networks and will connect with the intended printer.
How to Reinstall Epson Printer Drivers?
After downloading drivers and software for the Epson printer, now you need to install them. Therefore, your printer will start working and can also come out from the printer is in offline state error.
- On your keyboard press Windows key and R simultaneously.
- This will open the Run window.
- Now enter msc in Run window and press Enter.
- Now open the Device Manager Window and right-click on the Printers button.
- Right-click on the Epson and click on Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Then, open Devices and Printers and click on Add a Printer.
- In the next dialogue box, click on Add network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Now depending on your Epson printer type, add the drivers
- Next, restart your printer and computer and see if the printer offline issue is gone or not.