If you are using an Epson printer and your prints are coming out dim, incomplete, dotted with lines, or even Epson printer skipping lines when printing, more chances are you have a blocked nozzle –a most general issue several users have with Epson printers.
Do you wish to fix it instantly? Then, do not scuffle too much to resolve this problem. The ultimate guide stated here is quite enough to fix it.
Are you eagerly waiting to know this? So, let’s move on in detail…
What Are The Major Reasons For The Epson Printer Skipping Lines Problem?
There are numerous reasons for this problem, which are mentioned below:
- Nozzle clogs
- Wrongly moulded print heads
- Poor quality print settings
- Paper thickness settings are completely inappropriate
Simple And Easy Steps To Fix Epson Printer Skipping Lines Problem
The following simple and easy steps facilitate you to troubleshoot the issue manually and also with absolute ease:
Method 1: Run The Utility For Cleaning The Printer Cartridges
- Start your computer system.
- Attach your Epson printer.
- Now, go to the Control Panel section.
- Visit the Devices and Printers section.
- Expand the option and select the Printing preferences option.
- Expand the Services tab and select the Service of this device.
- Take a cursor on the Clean the Print Cartridge option.
- Now, you have to follow the on-screen instructions and properly clean up.
- To see the favorable consequence, print a test sheet.
Method 2: Appropriately Clean All The Electrical Contacts
- First, disconnect and detach the Epson printer from the power supply.
- After that withdraw the cartridges from the initial position.
- To protect against tin leakage, make the nozzle board out.
- Search the electrical contacts.
- In case, you are unsuccessful to search for it then look for copper-colored equipment.
- To clean them, try to use purified water with a lint-free cloth.
- Properly neat and clean all the electrical contacts and during the cleaning process ensure to sweep the cartridges of the Epson printer as well.
- Leave the contacts dry for a while. The drying procedure will take a little extra time, the needed time depends on several aspects.
- Once the contacts dry, reattach the cartridges.
- Now it’s time to ‘Switch On’ the Epson printer and make a steady connection with the computer system.
- To see the outcomes, take a printout.
Method 3: Take Away The Black Ink Cartridge For Four To Five Hours
So many users suggest that if you deactivate or unplug the Epson printer for a few hours (four to five) then the Epson printer skipping lines problem is fixed. To take away the black ink cartridge, you require to follow the below-mentioned simple steps:-
- First, you need to Switch OFF the Epson printer.
- Unplug the power source, to stopover the power flow.
- Take the cartridge out from the primary position. The cartridge should be similar to the carrier of black ink.
- Try to place the part in front of the nozzle plate on a sheet of paper and wait for four to five hours.
- Once the agreed time is finished, you require to reinstall the cartridge.
- Now, it’s time to take a paper and position it in the printer and then take out a printer to watch if the issue still exists or not.
Method 4: Swap The Older Cartridge To A Latest One
After trying all the above-stated solutions, if the Epson printer skipping lines when printing problems still exist then you should need to swap the old cartridge to the latest one.
In case, you are missing the mark to examine the actual reason then you must go and consult the customer service executive of Epson. They will assist you to solve the Epson printer skipping lines problem as soon as possible.
Why Does The Epson Printer Skipping Lines Or Missing Lines?
An electric issue can occur. Consequently, the links still have to be cleaned up. Though, note that the printer must be periodically sanitized. This issue usually happens when the ink gets jammed.
If you haven’t had anything to print for several days or weeks, print out a test page that averts the ink from getting blocked. Call expert technicians of Epson support service to guide you in order to remove potential complications in addressing the problem of blank lines on Epson printers.
If you follow the above-stated method appropriately then 95% of the printer skipping lines Epson problem gets fixed at the time of crossing method 3. And also try to neat and clean the printer frequently that will facilitate you to prevent these problems.