Epson Printer Not Connecting to Mac [Resolve the Problem]
Who hasn’t heard about the Epson printer brand? The brand made a decisive entry into the market with its feature-rich and robust printer models. User-friendly and best-in-class are the defining traits of Epson printers. However, even the best technology sometimes malfunctions. Sometimes user face Epson printer not connecting to Mac problem on their printer in this blog you’ll get the right solution for it.
Many Mac owners repeatedly complain about their Epson printer not connecting to Mac. The issue, if left unresolved, can complicate a productive workflow significantly. Luckily, you can get out of this annoying situation. If you want your Epson printer to give you a pleasing user experience again, it would be best to read the whole article. Here you’ll find significant causes and the most effective techniques to connect your printer to Mac.
Why Is Epson Printer Not Connecting to Mac?
Technical errors can prevent your printer from connecting to Mac. Take a look at the reasons below if you find yourself asking, “why is my Epson printer not connecting to Mac?”
- Very weak network signals.
- There’s zero internet connectivity.
- The Epson printer is off or not linked to Mac.
- There are Epson printer driver problems.
- You have set your printer offline on Mac.
- Mac is unable to communicate with your printing device.
- Wireless connection issue.
- Epson printer is not set as default.
- Your Epson printer is in sleep mode.
Read Also How to Connect Epson Printer to Mac
Troubleshoot Epson Printer Not Connecting to Mac?
Are you tired of seeing prompts like “Printers are not connected?” Now you can stop troubling yourself over it. Read these techniques to fix the problem.
1.Examine the Connectivity.
One of the most important things for the printer to print effectively is a good connection. If you repeatedly see your printer going offline, you should ensure connectivity by following the steps below.
A) USB Connection
- Switch off the Epson printing device. Do it by pressing the Power button. Then, wait for 5 seconds.
- Now, take out the USB cable from your printer’s back.
- Next, switch on the printer. If you find it printing from the queue, allow the tasks to be completed before giving the next command.
- After 5 seconds, reconnect the cable with your printer. Ensure that it’s linked properly to the USB port.
- If your printer begins printing, give it some time before going to the subsequent step.
- Check whether the printer is online and is printing well.
B) Wireless Connection
- Turn off your Epson printing device and turn it on. Let it remain idle for some five minutes.
- It can help your printer to come back online. However, if this does not resolve the issue, restart the router by taking it away from its power source. Then wait for some time.
- Ensure that you link the router with the power source. Allow it to make a connection to the internet.
- Start your Mac device again.
- After restarting, tap the Apple icon, followed by clicking on ‘System Preferences.’
- Now, select the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option to find if your printing device is installed on Mac or not.
2. Check Whether the Printer is in on or Off Printing Mode.
Many people connect the printer to Mac but don’t remember to check whether it is in an ON or OFF mode. If your printer is in the ON mode, it can be that it is having an issue with the cable connection or the wireless range.
But if the printer is off, you must turn it on.
3. Start the Wi-Fi Router Again
Suppose the printer isn’t getting a good signal strength and you have an unstable internet connection. In that case, your printer won’t connect to the Mac. In this case, you can restart the Wi-Fi router.
- Hit the Power button to restart the router.
- Unplug the attached cables, and see whether the wires are in proper condition.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the wires once more. After that, start the router.
4. Reset Your Epson Printer
Calm down if the above solution didn’t answer your query, “my Epson printer will not connect to my Mac.” You can reset your printing device to fix the issue.
- Check that your printer isn’t active.
- Remove the power cord from its rear and from the wall outlet.
- Relink the cord on the back of the Epson printer and wall outlet.
- Hit the Power button for switching on your device.
5. Delete the Printer Queue and Add the Printer Again.
Sometimes, you’ll notice the Epson printer not connecting to Mac because of a large printing queue. So you can clear it and then add the printer to Mac again.
- Firstly, check that the Mac device is linked to good internet.
- From the printers list, tap the one you wish to remove. Hit the minus button.
- To add the printer, press the addition sign.
- Now choose the Epson printer from your list and tap ‘Add.’
- Next, choose the connected Epson printer.
- On noticing your printer showing idle, try printing again.
6. Update Printer Drivers.
Outdated printer drivers won’t let the device connect with your system. If you find yourself repeatedly complaining, “My Epson printer is not connecting to my Mac“, it’s best to check whether your drivers are updated. If not, consider updating them by following these points.
- Begin by turning on your iOS or Mac device.
- Next, open the Safari browser. Locate the search bar, and type in the official Epson website’s URL.
- Hit Enter and go to the website. Here, go over to the driver’s section.
- Now, input the model number and name of your printer. After that, hit Enter.
- You will see a list of results. From it, select the most compatible and newest drivers for your printer.
- Tap the download button to begin the process of downloading printer drivers for the Epson printer.
- Adhere to every instruction present on the screen to finish the downloading process.
- When this process completes, double-tap on the file you recently downloaded and commence the installation process.
- Check if the issue has been fixed or is still there.
7. Enable AirPrint on Mac
If AirPrint isn’t working, you’ll face the problem of the Epson printer not connecting to Mac. To enable it, follow these steps.
- Ensure that AirPrint is linked to the WiFi.
- Also, check whether your printing device is connected to the WiFi.
- Use the keyboard for the printing command. Press command + P and select the print from the menu bar of your Mac.
- Ensure that you check the printer menu. If it displays the printer name, the problem is fixed.
- However, if it doesn’t show the name, tap the ‘Add Printer’ option.
- You’ll see a menu appearing. Locate the printer’s name, and opt for it.
- Tap ‘Add‘ to add your printing device. Hopefully, you’ll no longer face the issue anymore.
8. Add an Epson Printer that isn’t Showing on Mac.
You can also add the Epson printer that isn’t connected to the Mac. Add the printer by adhering to these pointers.
- Launch Settings and tap ‘Devices.’
- Tap ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Now, tap the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ button.
- Wait for some time and then tap ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed.’
- Opt for ‘Add a printer using TCP/IP address.’
- Click ‘Next.’
There’s no need to mull over what would happen on finding an Epson printer not connecting to Mac. You know all the effective remedies for it. Follow them and find what was hindering your printer from connecting to Mac. If you need more assistance to tackle the issue, get help from expert Epson printer technical support services. The professionals are ever-ready to fulfill your support needs.