7 Ways To Fix Epson Printer Not Printing Black Correctly Problem
Printing black is an essential feature of any printer, and it can be frustrating when you’re unable to print in this color. This is a common issue that Epson printer users encounter, and several factors can cause it. In this blog, we’ll explore why your Epson printer Not Printing Black and offer tips on troubleshooting the problem.
From clogged nozzles to low ink levels, there are a variety of potential causes to consider. By understanding these causes, you’ll be better equipped to identify and address any issues preventing your printer from producing black ink. So, let’s dive in and explore the possible reasons why your Epson printer may not be printing black.
- 1 Possible Causes Why Epson Printer Won’t Print Black
- 2 Troubleshoot Epson Printer not Printing Black Issue
- 3 Conclusion
Possible Causes Why Epson Printer Won’t Print Black
Here are some possible reasons why your Epson printer not printing in black color:
- Clogged nozzles or a dirty printhead.
- Low ink levels or a malfunctioning ink cartridge.
- Printer driver or software issues.
- Improper printer settings or configurations.
- Hardware or connectivity problems.
- A damaged or faulty printer component.
- Incompatible paper type or size.
- Incorrect alignment or calibration of the printer.
After identifying and addressing these potential causes, now resolve the issue with the following section.
Troubleshoot Epson Printer not Printing Black Issue
If your Epson printer is not printing black, it can be frustrating and hinder productivity. However, there are various steps you can follow to resolve the issue. The following are the solutions:
1. Check the Ink Cartridges
The first thing to check is the ink cartridges when the Epson printer not printing color black. Make sure they are properly installed and have sufficient ink levels. If the ink level is low or the cartridge is empty your Epson printer will print blank, replace it with a new one. Here are the steps to check the ink levels and replace the cartridge:
- Firstly, open the printer cover and check the ink levels on the display screen. If the ink level is low or empty, you must replace the cartridge.
- Secondly, remove the old cartridge by pressing the release tab and lifting it up and out of the printer.
- Now, remove the plastic wrap and protective tape from the new cartridge.
- After that, insert the new cartridge into the printer, ensuring it clicks into place.
- Close the printer cover and check if the printer can now print in black.
2. Clean the Print Head
The print head may be clogged or dirty if the ink cartridges are not the issue. This can prevent the ink from flowing properly and result in poor print quality or no print. Here are the steps to clean the print head and resolve the Epson printer not printing black issue:
- In the initial step, press the Home button on the printer control panel.
- Then, select Setup >> Maintenance >> Printhead Nozzle Check >> Print.
- Now, examine the printed nozzle, check the pattern, and look for missing or faint lines.
- If you see any gaps or faint lines, select Clean the Printhead to clean it.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions for finishing the process.
- Lastly, print a test page to check for the issue.
3. Run the Printer’s Utility Tool
Many Epson printers have a utility tool that can help diagnose and resolve common printing problems. You can use this tool to check for any issues and fix them. Here are the steps to fix the Epson printer not printing black issue by running the printer’s utility tool:
- Firstly, press the Home button on the printer control panel.
- Secondly, select Setup >> Maintenance >> Printer Maintenance >> Utility.
- After that, select the tool you want to use to diagnose and resolve the problem.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for finishing the process.
- In last, print a test page to check whether the printer is printing black or not.
4. Check the Printer Driver
Another possible cause of the problem is an issue with the printer driver. This could be due to outdated or incorrect drivers, so that’s why your Epson printer will not print black if command to print. Here’s how to check your driver and update them:
- In the first step, go to the Epson website and download the latest printer driver for your model.
- Second, follow the instructions to install the driver.
- After that, restart the printer and try printing again.
- If the printer still doesn’t print in black, go to the next solution.
5. Adjust the Printer Settings
If the printer driver is not the reason for the Epson printer not printing black issue, the printer settings may be incorrect. Here are the steps to adjust the printer settings:
- To begin, open the printer properties in the printer driver.
- Then, click the Advanced tab and choose the correct paper type and quality settings.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Lastly, print a test page to see check the issue.
6. Align the Print Head
If the print head is not aligned correctly, it can result in poor print quality or no print. Here are the steps to align the print head:
- First, press the Home button on the printer control panel.
- Then, select Setup >> Maintenance >> Printhead Alignment.
- Follow the steps for aligning the print head.
7. Check for Hardware or Connectivity Issues
If none of the above solutions works for the Epson printer not printing black issue, there may be hardware or connectivity issues with the printer. Here are the steps to check for these issues:
- Firstly, make sure the printer is connected to a power source and turned on.
- Secondly, check the USB or Wi-Fi connection to ensure it is properly connected.
- Lastly, try printing from a different device to see if the issue is with the printer or the device.
If your Epson printer not printing black, there are several steps you can take to try and resolve the issue. By checking the ink cartridges, cleaning the print head, running the printer’s utility tool, checking the printer driver, adjusting the printer settings, aligning the print head, and checking for hardware or connectivity issues, you can diagnose and fix the problem.
Follow these steps to get your Epson printer back to producing high-quality black prints. It recommends checking the ink cartridges and updating the printer drivers on a regular basis. Doing so can eliminate several printer issues. However, if you still face the same, you can contact our Printer Technical Experts, that can resolve this issue quickly. Thank You!