How To Fix the Epson Printer Paper Jam Issue?
While working with any Epson printer, it is quite inevitable to encounter paper jam errors on your device. Paper jam is a very common printer issue and can occur on any device at any time. Fortunately, with the help of some simple troubleshooting instructions, it is easy for any user to fix the Epson printer paper jam problem on their device. In this guide, we are sharing some simple troubleshooting steps that can help to fix the paper jam problem. So, if you are also unable to print the documents due to paper jam or misfeed, keep reading and find the simple steps to fix the problem.
My Epson printer keeps saying paper jam. How to fix it?
Before doing anything, you need to check for the error appearing on the control panel of your device and remove the jammed paper from your Epson printer. Once you have removed the paper, you can proceed next and clear the error. In case, the paper jam problem is in the rear printer feed, you can remove it easily. However, if the paper jam problem is inside the printer, you need to put some effort to fix the issue.
It is always recommended to make sure that you do not touch the buttons on your control panel while removing the paper from inside the printer. If your printer starts to operate, it can cause you injury. So stay careful and do not touch any part while removing the paper jam from the inside.
Locate and remove the paper stuck in the print tray
If your Epson printer is not working because there is paper stuck in the loading tray, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to remove the paper:
- From the printer loading tray, remove the loose paper.
- Hit the “Resume” button, you can find this button, on the front of your device.
- If there are multiple papers stuck in the tray, you need to remove one at a time. Start from the middle.
- After that, check for the remaining bits of paper inside your device.
This way you can fix the Epson printer paper jam error on your computer. If your problem is not resolved yet, proceed with the next troubleshooting step.
Clear paper jam from printer rear
If you are unable to fix the paper jam error from the loading tray, you can proceed with the below-mentioned instructions to fix it from the printer rear. Usually, the printer’s backside has either a rear access panel or a two-sided printing accessory.
Remove a rear access panel
- For this, you need to find the “knob or access” tab, check the backside of your device or the panel. If you find the knob, set it to the “unlocked” position.
- Carefully remove the panel and pull out the paper jammed there.
- If you find any small bits of paper remaining, you need to clear them also.
- Replace and secure the rear panel.
Remove two-sided printing accessory to fix paper jam problem
- Click on both “releases” buttons. The buttons are present on either end of the module. You need to press the buttons together at the same time.
- Remove the panel to remove the jammed paper.
- Find the small bits of paper and remove if there are any.
- Push back the module and set it to the right place.
- Click on the button present on the top of the module, and then “open the door”.
- Remove the panel and look for the jammed paper. If you find any, remove it.
- Once you are done, close the rear module door.
Make sure printer carriage working freely
To fix the Epson printer paper jam problem, disconnect your device from the electric outlet.
- Watch the printer carriage and see if it is moving perfectly fine. In case the carriage is stuck, do not move it forcefully, it may damage your device.
- Remove the ink cartridge carefully.
- If there is any paper in the loading trade, remove it without removing the door.
- Now, remove the read access door or module.
- Rotate the roller to the printer top using your fingers.
- Replace the printer rear access door or module.
- Replace the printer ink cartridge.
- Plug back the device to the power outlet.
Reload and test the printer
Once you have successfully removed the jammed paper from your device, checked the printer carriage, and also cleared the remaining bits, you need to test your device. Here is how you can do it?
- Put some printing paper in the loading tray. Make sure that you placed them correctly.
- After that, print a test page. Usually, you can print the test page by pressing and holding the ” resume” button, unless your device starts sprinting.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you to fix the Epson printer paper jam problem on your device. Here we would like to tell you that the steps may vary depending upon the printer model or version you are using. So, it is recommended to refer to the printer manufacturer’s website to find the printer-specific details. Once your problem is resolved, you can continue to print the documents without trouble.
Continuity problems? Might be a hardware issue.
If your printer is still having a paper jam issue after following the steps above, we suggest you check for the hardware issue. Malfunctioning of paper-feed or printer roller could be the reason you are having a paper jam problem. So, if your device is having trouble, get it repaired.
The Epson printers are great when it comes to delivering outstanding printing performance. Although, just like any other device, technical problems with Epson can happen at any time. If you are facing a paper jam problem with your printer and unable to fix it following the steps above, we suggest you contact Epson support for help. The printer professionals are available round the clock, so you can contact them whenever you want.
The experts can help you with the best possible solution to fix the Epson printer paper jam problem. And, will also share some useful tips to make your printing experience better.
So, contact the experts and find an instant solution to the problem!