Top 5 Ways To Fix Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Error
You might be having some important presentation but suddenly you face an Epson printer printing blank pages error. It could be really frustrating but don’t worry as Epson Printer Support is here to save you from reading 10 different blogs on the same topic and getting confused. This is all you need to know about the reasons behind the Epson printer printing blank pages error and how to fix it easily.
Reasons Why You are Facing an Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Error?
There are a number of reasons behind the Epson printer printing blank pages error. The most common ones are-
Cartridge Related Problem
There are a number of times when you can skip changing the cartridges and it could not occur to you to check the levels. Make sure that the cartridges have sufficient ink and then try printing again.
Another case is that you might have just changed the cartridge but you are still facing an Epson printer printing blank pages error and sometimes Epson printer not printing color.
“This might be because of a disconnected cartridge. It may have become displaced and not in complete electrical contact with the printer“.
The easiest way to fix it is by removing and reinstalling the cartridges. This will complete the electrical circuit and ensure everything runs and prints normally.
Wrong Paper Size
If you have previously changed the in-program paper size settings without going back to your paper size of choice then the printer might end up getting confused. You can just go into Print Preview or the print settings and ensure that the precise paper size is selected.
Suppose that you want to print black color but your epson printer not printing black color If you don’t really use your printer that often then the nozzle gets jammed because of the hardened ink. If your printer has a ‘Print Head Nozzle Check’ option then select that and let the printer clear the nozzles. This should remove any blockages and help the ink to flow once again resulting in resolving the Epson printer not printing blank pages issue.
Blank Pages In the Document
If you are printing a document that has been shared with you by a colleague then it could be possible that the blank pages are a part of the document and it is not an error. Go through the document to see if this is the case and you might just be worrying over nothing.
Ensure These Points Before Resolving the Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Error
At times, all it takes is a little rectification rather than going through the whole process of fixing a particular error. Below are a few points which you should check if you are facing an Epson printer printing blank pages issue and who knows, you might get rid of it in a jiffy just by making a minor amendment.
Make sure that-
- Epson printer is placed on a flat and stable surface
- You are using a cartridge with adequate ink
- The yellow tape is taken off the ink cartridge
- You are not using Transparencies and vellum paper
- You are using paper that matches the product specifications
- You print a nozzle check to see if it is clogged or not and clean the printhead if required
- The paper size, orientation, and layout settings in the printer software are accurate
- The document you are printing does not have any blank pages
Ways To Fix Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages Error
If you have taken care of all the above points but still facing Epson printing blank pages error then don’t lose hope as Epson printer support is here to help you out with the top 5 ways to fix it.
1. Restart the Printer
By restarting your printer, the code which causes the error gets wiped off and you can get to your printing business again without any hassle. Refer to the following steps:
- Press the power button on the printer
- Disconnect the printer from the power source and wait for a few minutes
- Reconnect the printer to the power source
- Restart it and try to print a sample
2. Update the Drivers
If you are using an outdated version of the drivers then updating them can fix not only epson printer print blank pages error but any other error as well. To update it, use the following steps:
- Go to Epson’s official website
- Navigate to printer drivers
- Enter your printer’s model number
- Check for updates
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get the latest version of the drivers
3. Use the Windows Printer Troubleshooter
You can use the inbuilt troubleshooter to get rid of the Epson printer printing blank pages error by referring to the below points:
- Search for ‘Troubleshooting’ in the bottom left search bar
- Select it and then click on ‘use a printer’ under ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Click on ‘Next’ and then wait for your system to detect the problem
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process and once it is done, print a test page to see if the issue has been resolved or not
4. Try Printer Spooler Configuration
If the printer spooler files are damaged then facing Epson printer is printing blank pages error is not a big deal. Configure it in the following ways:
- Search for ‘Services’ in the bottom left search bar of your laptop
- Open it and click on ‘Printer Spooler’
- Select ‘Stop’ and then ‘Ok’
- Open the web browser and press ‘The Windows logo key’ and ‘E’ simultaneously
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and grant permission to delete all the files
- Search for ‘Services’ again
- Double tap on ‘Print spooler’, click on ‘Start’ and ensure that the start-up type is ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Ok’
- Print a sample to see if you have resolved the printer printing blank pages error
5. Skip Printing the Blank Page
If you are facing an Epson printing blank pages error while printing a document with blank pages and want to fix it then follow the below instructions:
Skip printing blank pages for Windows
- Open Settings and select ‘Printers and scanners’
- Open the printing preferences
- Click on ‘Maintenance’ and selected ‘Extended Settings’
- Choose ‘Skip blank page’ and click on ‘Ok’ to save changes.
Skip printing blank pages for MAC
- Open the menu and select ‘System Preferences’
- Click on ‘Print and fax’, choose the printer and then ‘Options and supplies’
- Select ‘Options’ and turn on ‘Skip blank pages’
- Click on ‘Ok’ to save changes
Read Also: Why Epson Printer Skipping Lines
These steps will help you out with printer printing blank page errors. However, if you are still facing any errors then feel free to get in touch with Epson Printer Support and our team of experts will address your problem in the best way possible.