Epson Printer Filter Failed? Resolve It Quickly with Simple Steps
Epson is indeed an excellent printer brand. Its printers are known for their high-quality printing and impressive functionalities. But sometimes, when users try to print some critical documents from this printing device, they can encounter the Epson printer filter failed error. Usually, this issue arises due to incorrect driver programs. When this issue crops up, Epson printer owners usually feel clueless about it. When you cannot print the needed documents, it is something to worry about. However, there’s no need to feel bad about it. This problem can be easily fixed and doesn’t require a lot of effort on your part. This guide will allow you to fix this issue efficiently if you encounter it in the future.
What Does Epson Printer Filter Failed Mean?
When you find filter failed Epson printer, it signals that this component of your printing system is not able to function well. As mentioned before, faulty driver software is the primary reason behind it. In other cases, the driver may have bugs, which interrupt the proper functioning of the filters of your printer. If you don’t resolve this error, you will find that your Epson printer is not giving any input. You may also notice that it prints incorrectly.
Why Does Epson Printer Filter Failed Error Arise?
This error primarily comes when the filter of the printer stops working. It stops functioning because of the faulty driver software. The printer driver is the link between your printing device and your computer. It gives commands to convey to the printer how to print and what to print.
If the driver encounters any problem, it directly impacts the filter of your Epson printer. You can resolve the printer driver issues by installing, reinstalling, or updating them. On both Epson printer models, ET 2720 and ET 2760, this error is fixed by reinstalling the driver. You can contact Epson printer support if the error doesn’t resolve even after the reinstallation of the driver.
Methods to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Filter Failed Problem
Are you searching for an answer to how do I fix my filter that failed on my Epson printer? You’ve arrived at the right place. Follow these steps below to fix this problem.
- Switch off your printing device and your computer. Take it away from the power source.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and start your computer again.
- Open ‘System Preferences’ and navigate to the section of ‘Print & Fax.’
- Review the device available and choose your Epson printer.
- Locate the icon of – and click it. It will enable you to remove the Epson printer from the menu.
- Click on the tab of ‘Delete.’ It will delete your existing attached device.
- Wait for some time. Exit the ‘Print & Fax’ window.
- Navigate to the section of the hard drive. Expand this option and tap ‘Library.’
- Choose ‘Printers,’ scroll down and delete the folder of Epson. Go back to the hard drive section.
- On this section, visit ‘Library’ and select the option of ‘Printers.’ Click on the option of ‘PPD.’
- Below this option, select the tab of ‘Contents’ and then the option of ‘Resources.’
- Locate your printer’s name and delete it.
- Go back to the ‘Library’ section and locate the Cache folder. Click ‘Delete.’ Ensure to delete the irrelevant junk files to safeguard your system.
- Click the ‘X’ icon to exit the hard drive window.
- Start your computer again and switch on the Epson printer.
After you adhere to all the steps given above, you have to go to the authorized portal of Epson. On Epson’s official website, locate your printer’s exact model name and download its most current driver. After you download it, you need to install it by giving it the required permission. The installation process will take time, and you need to wait for it.
After the updated version gets installed, open the browser and take out a test print. You’ll notice a green screen in case of an available print. Thus, you will surely resolve the problem of the Epson printer stopped printer failed.
Fix the Printer Failed Error on Mac
When you find filter failed Epson printer Mac, you can fix it by reinstalling the device’s software. Usually, the filter stops when the driver software has bugs. When you reinstall it, issues in the software get removed. To install the software, follow the guidelines given below.
- Turn off your printer. Then open ‘System Preferences’ and select ‘Print & Fax.’
- Select your printer’s name and tap the – icon for removing your printer’s name.
- Next, select the option to remove or delete your printer’s name. Then close the ‘Print & Fax’ window.
- Go to your hard drive and delete the Epson folder.
- Now navigate back to the hard drive. Go to ‘Library’, then ‘Printers’ followed by ‘PPD’, then ‘Contents’ and finally ‘Resources.’
- Find the name of your printing device on the list and when you find it, take it away from the list.
- Next, go to ‘Library’ and then navigate to the ‘Cache’ folder. Delete the Epson folder. Then close the hard drive window by tapping the cross button present on the right part of the window.
- Start your computer again and turn on the printing device.
- Go to Epson’s official website and find your printing machine’s name. Try to find out the correct driver software and download it.
- When the download process gets completed, start the file and adhere to the instructions on the screen. You will successfully complete the installation.
- Try to print once and see if the filter failed Epson printer problem has been fixed.
Now there is no need to be tense or feel helpless on encountering the Epson printer filter failed error. You know that the faulty driver is the main reason behind it. Follow the stepwise instructions to install the software freshly. The instructions for doing so on Mac are also quite similar. Get in touch with the customer service team of Epson printer if the problem continues to persist.