Fix the Epson Printer Not Connected Error Efficiently
Epson is a printer brand whose popularity extends worldwide. It produces a wide variety of printing devices known for their user-friendly nature and efficient functionalities.
The various features in the Epson Printer impart a smooth printing experience to people. Moreover, the easy-to-operate interface of the printing devices makes the whole task of printing various documents quite convenient. But sometimes, users find their Epson printer not connected to their computer and laptop.
The issue, if not resolved, can interrupt your workflow. So, it’s important to remedy the situation. In this guide, you’ll get to know how you can resolve this printer issue.
- 1 Troubleshooting Techniques to Resolve the Epson Printer Not Connected Problem
- 2 What to do When Your Epson Printer Doesn’t Connect to Wi-Fi?
- 3 How to Connect Epson printer with a Wi-Fi Network on Mac
- 4 The Final Words
Troubleshooting Techniques to Resolve the Epson Printer Not Connected Problem
You can start implementing the various fixes described below whenever you find that your Epson printer is not connected. All of them are effective in helping users to start working with their Epson printer properly.
Verify the Epson printer connected with your computer
One of the easiest ways to connect an Epson printer to your computer is through a USB cable. You need to connect the cable properly so that you can get rid of this problem. Follow these steps for it.
- After connecting your printing device to your computer through a USB cable, connect your printer to a power supply.
- Then, install drivers and software.
- Download the utility set up on your system and install it.
- After installing the software, select your Epson printer from the displayed list and keep clicking ‘Next.’
- Select the printer registration for registering your printer.
- Click ‘Next’ and then click ‘Agree.’ Then click ‘Next.’
- When you see the message ‘Register a printer to Epson Connect’, tap ‘OK.’
- Complete the form and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Click ‘Close’ after the registration process ends.
Connect your Epson printer to your laptop
While setting up the connection, people typically complain of Epson printer not connecting to their laptop. Although there can be many reasons for it, you can easily resolve it. Follow this simple method given below to fix the issue.
- Link your printing device to the power supply and turn it on.
- Go to the Epson printer’s official website for downloading the Epson Connect Printer Setup.
- Install the software and open it. It will begin searching the printers automatically.
- Search your printer’s name and choose it. Tap’ Next.’
- Tap on ‘Printer Registration,’ and then tap ‘Next.’ You’ll notice a license agreement. Tap on ‘Agree’ and then tap ‘Next.’
- Now load paper into the printer tray. On the appearance of the printer confirmation screen, tap ‘OK.’
- Adhere to the instructions on the screen for completing the process.
- Tap’ Finish’ to complete the process.
When you end the process, the printing device will print a sheet containing the setup information. You can now start to use a printer. Contact Epson printer support if you get stuck somewhere in this process.
Set your Epson printer as the default
Another easy method to resolve the Epson printer not connecting problem. Set the Epson printer as the default one. Follow the steps below for it.
- Hit the Windows key and launch the ‘Start’ menu.
- In the search box, input ‘Control.’ Now, hit Enter to open the Control Panel window.
- Select ‘Printers and Devices.’ Expand it.
- Select the Epson printer name and right-tap on it.
- Choose the option of ‘Choose as Default Printer.’
- Tap ‘Yes’ for confirming the Epson printer to be a default printer.
Update the printer driver of Epson
It’s an easy yet effective way that people complaining about Epson printer is not connecting to their system can implement. Follow the given instructions.
- Click open the ‘Start menu.
- Input ‘Control’ and press the Enter key to let the Control Panel open.
- Tap on ‘Devices and Printers.’ You’ll notice the list of hardware that’s installed.
- Select your Epson printer and right-tap on it.
- From the pop-up menu, choose ‘Update Driver Software.’
- You’ll view another window having two options. In case the driver status is unavailable, select the first option. If not, then tap on the radio button.
- Wait for some time till you see the successful upgrade message.
Inspect the spooling functionality
Checking the spooling status of your Epson printer can also resolve this problem. To check it, follow these steps.
- Press together the Windows key and R. You’ll find the ‘Run’ dialogue box opening.
- Type services.MSC there and hit ‘Enter.’ The services window will open.
- Now double-click on ‘Print Spooler’ for checking the spooling status.
- You will notice a set of items that are currently installed on your computer. You will also notice their status.
- Ensure that the Startup type is Automatic. The service status should also be enabled or running.
- If it’s not, make the disable bar automatically and confirm it by clicking ‘OK.’
- Restart your printer and see if the printer is working properly or not.
What to do When Your Epson Printer Doesn’t Connect to Wi-Fi?
Many users find that their Epson printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi. Don’t worry; you can fix this issue by following a simple process.
- Navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ of your printer and then go to ‘Settings.’
- Under it, navigate to ‘Network settings.’
- Next, select your ‘Network Setup’ and your wireless network’s name.
- Enter the security key.
- If you are unable to locate your network’s name, check if your modem is on.
- Alternatively, you can connect through WPS without inputting the password.
How to Connect Epson printer with a Wi-Fi Network on Mac
Connecting an Epson printer to a wireless network on your Mac is not difficult. Follow these steps.
- Download the printer setup utility of Epson Connect.
- Agree with the agreement and click ‘Next.’
- Install its software, find your printer’s name, and tap ‘Next.’
- Next, click ‘Printer Registration’ and then tap ‘Next.’
- Agree to the license agreement. Click ‘Next.’
- Load paper into the printing device and tap ‘OK’ on the confirmation screen. Adhere to the guidelines on the screen and click ‘Finish.’
The Final Words
Hopefully, you can now resolve the issue of the Epson printer not connected easily. You can verify the printer connection with your computer through a USB cable. You can also link the printer to the laptop by downloading the Epson Connect Printer Setup. Don’t forget to update the printer driver. If the problem doesn’t resolve, contact Epson printer support.