Epson firmware update: Update Your Printer Firmware Efficiently.
It’s a universal truth that no piece of digital hardware can operate without software, whether it’s a mobile phone or a computer. In the same manner, the hardware of a printing device also requires software to function. This software is called firmware.
Epson, which is a renowned printer manufacturing company, frequently updates its software. It ensures that any error or bug in the printing device can get fixed if there’s any error or bug. If you are employing this printer, then the Epson firmware update is essential for you. It will make sure that you benefit from a great printing experience every single time.
In this article, you’ll come to know everything about the firmware update in the Epson printer.
Epson Firmware Update: What It Is and Why It’s Important?
A printer firmware refers to a set of data software kept in the ROM. Its function is to direct the printer on how it should function. Do many printer users wonder what the use of the Epson printer firmware update is? They also wonder what will happen if they will not update it.
The firmware files can get corrupted or become deficient after you use a printing device for a prolonged time. It results in problems like the printer getting offline, Wi-Fi connection issues, and printing blank pages.
The firmware update will help you to eliminate all these issues. Moreover, the update will also bring new features that the company has developed.
What are the requirements for the Epson Firmware Update?
There are certain necessary things that you should have before you begin the update process. They are given below.
- Your computer
- A good internet connection for downloading the current firmware.
- Epson software
- If you are utilizing the local printer, a USB cable.
How to Carry out the Epson Firmware Update
To update the Epson printer’s firmware, you need to download the Epson software updater utility from the Epson website and install it on your system. Follow these steps for updating the firmware for Windows 7,8, and 10.
- Tap ‘Start’ and type ‘Epson.’
- Select ‘Epson Software Updater’ from the search results.
- Choose your printer model number from the drop-down and then wait till the software checks the updates.
- Tick the checkbox beside ‘Firmware Updater.’ Then hot ‘Install.’
- After that, choose ‘Agree’ and then ‘OK.’
- Wait for some time till the firmware downloads. You will notice the Epson Firmware Updater window. Click ‘Start.’
- While the software updates the firmware, never turn off your printing device. Also, don’t print anything.
- After the firmware update is finished, tap the ‘Finish’ button.
- Tap ‘OK.’ Wait for some time till the software inspects for updates.
- When you notice no fresh updates in the section of ‘Essential Product Updates,’ tap the button of ‘Exit.’
Congrats! You have completed the firmware update process. You now know how to update Epson printer firmware.
How to Update the Firmware on MacBook
You can easily carry out the update process of the firmware on MacBook too. Follow the steps provided below for this purpose.
- Launch the Epson printer software. For it, go to ‘Application’ and then choose the ‘Epson Utility folder.’
- Tap on the ‘Epson Utility downloader.’
- Choose the printer firmware and then tap the button of ‘Install.’
- Now, accept the agreement and input the PC password.
- Double-tap on the ‘Epson printer utility for the program to run.
- Accept the license and then tap the button ‘Next.’
- Now, hit the ‘Start button and then click ‘OK.’
- After all this, your Epson printing device will begin to update the firmware. This update process can take several minutes to finish. After you make all these changes, the printer will start functioning optimally. If you need assistance or support in any of the steps given above, feel free to connect with Epson printer support.
What to Keep in Mind During the Process of Update?
If you don’t want the Epson firmware update stuck, you need to modify a couple of settings on the Epson printing device. Keep in mind the following.
- Do not turn off the Epson printing machine during the process of firmware update.
- Do not make any changes to the Epson printer till it restarts on its own.
- Do not exit the firmware update window on your system till it completes.
The Process of Updating the Epson Printer Firmware through the Printer panel
You can also update the Epson printer firmware via the printer panel. You only need to adhere to a couple of steps for this purpose.
- Switch on your Epson printing device.
- Connect the printer to the internet using either a wired or wireless connection.
- After that, navigate to the ‘Settings.’
- Tap the option of ‘Firmware update.’ After that, tap the option of ‘Update.’
- After you do it, your printer firmware will begin searching for the update.
- Now tap the ‘Update’ button.
The process of checking updates on your Epson printer
If you desire to check the update on your printing device, navigate its ‘Settings.’ Then tap the ‘Firmware update’ option. Then click ‘Update.’ Lastly, click the ‘Start checking’ button. This is how you check for updates on your Epson printer.
What to do when the Epson software updater doesn’t detect the printer
If you notice that your software updater is not detecting the printer, check that the printing device is an inactive state. You should also check the USB and wireless connection. It will fix the connection issue in most cases.
Now you know how to carry out the Epson firmware update process properly. The steps for carrying out this update on MacBook are also easy to follow. Keep in mind not to turn off your printer or make any changes while the update is in process. You also have the option of updating the Epson printer firmware through the printer panel. In case you face a problem at any point during this process, contact the expert Epson printer support team.